CIIT 2015 - MARnet Campus Best Practice Workshop
"Campus Best Practice (CBP), part of the GÉANT project funded by the European Union, aims to address key challenges for European campus networks. The CBP Team does this by organising working groups and providing an evolving and to-the-point set of best practice documents (BPDs) for the community. Dissemination of results on a European-wide level is a key objective. The working method involves each NREN organising a number of working groups that deal with campus issues in different technical areas. Participants from universities are invited to take part in the working groups, which work to propose recommendations in best-practice documents. The working groups are led by the NREN and technical experts from universities within the country participate in the groups. Current challenges and experiences are shared and common best practices are discussed, iterated and finally agreed upon. " (For more information see: http://www.geant.net/Network/Campus-Best-Practice/Pages/Home.aspx)
The Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (FCSE), from the Ss Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia is organizing the traditional yearly conference, the 12th International Conference on Informatics and Information Technologies (CIIT 2015 - http://ciit.finki.ukim.mk). The target group of the conference are mainly researchers, scientists, professors and professionals from Macedonia, working in IT and related fields. The conference has an international character, with a wider presence and an international committee, and the official language of the conference is English.
During this conference, the MARnet Campus Best Practice Task Group is organizing a dissemination workshop, focused on the delivery of the final results of their involvement in the GEANT GN3+ Project CBP Task. The workshop will include presentations of the GN3+ Project itself, discussion of current results of the CBP task process and produced documents by the MK task group. A discussion of future work and possible best-practice documents that are of wider interest in Macedonian campuses is also planned.
We invite all members of NOC and Campus IT Management from all universities in Macedonia, and all interested conference visitors to take part in the workshop and possibly attend the conference.
The workshop will be held on 23.4.2015 (Thursday) starting from 12:00 as a satellite event of the conference CIIT 2015 (the conference official programme is 24-26.4.2015).
- Workshop Welcome from MARNet
- GEANT and Campus Best Practice - Overview (Jari Miettinen - CSC/FUNET) - PPTX
- Campus Best Practice - Experience in Finland (Janne Oksanen - CSC/FUNET) - PDF
- MARNet involvement in the GN3+ Campus Best Practice task (Vangel Ajanovski - FCSE/MARNET) - PDF
- Presentations of CBP documents from MARNet team in GN3+
- Access control and monitoring for campus computer labs (Vangel Ajanovski - FCSE/MARNET) - PDF
- Implementation and monitoring of eduroam infrastructure using FortiGate wireless controllers (Anastas Mishev or Vladislav Bidikov - FCSE/MARNET)
- Integration of federated identity management with Microsoft Office 365 (Boro Jakimovski or Vasko Sazdovski - FCSE/MARNET)
- Cloud implementation using OpenNebula (Boro Jakimovski or Vasko Sazdovski - FCSE/MARNET)
- Open Discussion:
- Round the table introduction of all participants and involvement in university campuses
- Possible topics for exteding the CBP documents with practices from other campuses
- Areas of future collaboration among campuses in Macedonia regarding CBP
- Possible further topics of best practice documents of general interest
Workshop registration and information
Registration is free for the CBP workshop on April 23.
Please register your interest and participation here:
Participation in the official program of the CIIT 2015 conference, for the period April 24-26, requires a modest registration fee which covers conference materials and social events.
For additional workshop information, registration and other details please contact:
Conference Programme and Details
- Check the official conference website: http://ciit.finki.ukim.mk
Workshop and Conference Venue
The Workshop and Conference will take place in Hotel Molika near Bitola, Macedonia.
- Notification - due to road construction work on the road Prilep-Resen, on the section from Bitola roundabout towards Resen, all traffic is rerouted to go through the city Bitola.
- Changed Route through Bitola
- Navigation from Skopje Airport
- Navigation from Tetovo
- Navigation from Shtip
Hotel Molika, which with its alpine like architecture fits perfectly into the landscape of mountain Baba and its famous peak Pelister. The hotel is located near a well-known ski center that offers wide varieties of winter entertainment. The accommodation is a sole responsibility of the participants. You can find more information about the hotel Molika here http://hotelmolika.com.mk/.
) - added by 5 years ago.
GEANT and Campus Best Practice - Overview - JM
) - added by 5 years ago.
Campus Best Practice - Experience in Finland - JO
- MARnet_BCP_Overview.pdf (50.1 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- BPD_MA1_Access_Control_and_Monitoring_for_Campus_Computer_Classrooms.pdf (878.4 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- MARnet_CBP_Workshop_2015_group_photo.jpg (970.9 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- MARnet_CBP_Workshop_2015_group_photo-small.jpg (86.1 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.